Why is prenatal care important?
Prenatal care helps keep you and your baby healthy throughout your pregnancy. Your skilled, medical provider will monitor the health of you and your baby each time you come in for an appointment – giving you the customized care you deserve.
We provide prenatal care at no charge up to your 24th week of pregnancy. After 24 weeks, we will make sure you have the proper referrals to a doctor or midwife in the community who can continue your care through delivery.
We will assist you in signing up for Medi-Cal if you don’t already have insurance.
When you come to a prenatal care visit we will:
- Perform a physical exam
- Check your weight
- Determine how far along you are in your pregnancy (may perform an ultrasound)
- Chat about how you are feeling overall – physically and emotionally.
- Talk to you about the importance of staying away from any type of drugs, alcohol and tobacco because they can cause some major long-term defects in the development of your fetus.
- Give you some prenatal vitamins that are packed full of good stuff for your growing fetus.
- Discuss any and all concerns you may have regarding your pregnancy.
Your fetus is growing and developing at an amazing rate. Check this out!