Parenting My Child
Does parenting seem scary or uncomfortable? Are you asking if you are even ready to be a parent? Don’t worry. Every single person that has had a baby asks the exact same question even under the best of circumstances. Yes, parenting is a really big deal. It’s a life-long commitment…literally. But it is one of the most amazing journeys you will ever be on.
Some of our clients are in a time of life when they are just getting started, learning who they are, and figuring out how to take care of themselves. So the idea of taking care of a baby can be scary. We totally get it. We need money, time, stability and resources to help support us in our parenting journeys. It doesn’t matter if you are choosing to be a single parent or if you are in a relationship in which you will be co-parenting. There is some really good news! Are you ready?? You are not alone! There is no perfect parent and there are tons of resources that can help you find the things you need, the confidence to do your best and some amazing tips that can help you along the way. At Bridges, we have some resources for you to consider: Childbirth Class to prepare you for labor and delivery; Newborn / Infant Care Class to teach you how to recognize your baby’s different cries, how to change a diaper, how to hold and how bathe your little one; Parenting Class to encourage you as you help raise up your little one with love. There is a lot available to you to help you feel confident and succeed.
Here’s the thing. Parenting can be scary. There are no ifs, ands or buts about it. Choosing to parent your child means you are saying you are the best choice for your child. And, guess what? If you choose to parent, you are choosing a beautiful relationship that will last a lifetime, if done with love and consistency.
Parenting comes with sacrifices. You will sacrifice sleep, time, nights out, a perfectly clean home and privacy. You will gain a new perspective, self-worth, confidence, purpose and so much more. You will have amazing days and you will have some challenging days. It’s just how it goes. But the good days far outweigh the difficult days.
Here are some good things to remember when you choose parenting.
- Forgive Yourself: Let me let you in on a secret – you will not be the perfect parent (no one is!). Know that you will make mistakes, learn from them and move on. But also know that no one knows what your child needs better than you.
- Remember Your Tribe: Ever heard that saying, “It takes a village to raise a child”? It’s completely true! Depend on your tribe to encourage you in your parenting journey and help you when you need it. If you don’t have that kind of support, we can be there for you!
- Reach Out For Support: There are tons of classes, workshops and more on parenting. We offer classes here at the center and there are all kinds of resources in the community that are available to you as well. Give us a call and we can tell you what we have to offer. We’d love to see you and be part of your parenting journey.
- Don’t Forget Your Goals: Just because life has thrown you a curve ball doesn’t mean you can’t pursue your dreams. Find a way to work towards your goals. You’ve got a little one who will depend on you. Be someone they can be proud of.
Choosing to parent a child is a serious choice. Cute little babies grow up and have different needs in every stage of their development. As with any choice you make, you live with the choice. Be reflective and make sure the choice you make is your choice.
Bridges offers the following incentivized Classes:
- Childbirth Class: You may have been told birth is scary, excruciating and/or something completely out of your control. You may have been told it’s a medical condition instead of a natural, biological process. You may have even been told you won’t be able to give birth without interventions like labor induction and pain medication. We are here to tell you the truth about your childbirth experience and make a birthing plan with you so that you are equipped to do this. You can do this! It will be one of the most challenging and powerful things you will ever do. You will emerge a stronger and more confident woman — no matter how your birth unfolds. Seriously, you can do this and we can help!
- Online Bright Course Classes: We are offering video lessons on hundred of topic you will love. Our center can help you with practical classes and provide the support you need. The advice and information in the lessons will help you grow as a parent and as a person. The lessons cover many different subjects from pregnancy to birth, infancy to toddler parenting, life-skills to fatherhood and more.
Additional Classes Available:
Nutrition Coaching for the Pregnant Woman – one on one with a licensed dietician/nutritionist – This gives you an opportunity to learn how to care for your body through proper food choices and provide it with the needed foods to build a healthier you and a healthy baby as well. A gift card will be ‘earned’ upon the participation and completion of the class.
Financial Classes – Don’t let financial concerns and stress keep you from parenting. Empower yourself and take charge of the money you do have. Learn how to make every dollar count to that you can reach goals your never thought possible!
Part 1 – ‘Every Dollar Counts’ Banking & Budgeting Basics
Part 2 – ‘Dream Big’ – Planning Your Financial Future
A gift card will be ‘earned’ upon participation and completion of the 2 classes.
It Takes Two – We offer peer counseling for you and your significant other no matter what state your relationship is currently in. We can share relational tools to help you learn how to establish healthy boundaries, become better communicators, develop trust and respect for each other and much more. Investing in becoming an empowered couple will make parenting even more rewarding. Contact us to schedule an appointment.